Do’s and Don’ts for taxpayers who get a letter or notice from the IRS
The IRS mails letters or notices to taxpayers for a variety of reasons including if:
- They have a balance due.
- They are due a larger or smaller refund.
- The agency has a question about their tax return.
- They need to verify identity.
- The agency needs additional information.
- The agency changed their tax return.
Original Article Source Credits: IRS , https://www.irs.gov/
Article Written By: NA
Original Article Posted on: April 19, 2021
Link to Original Article: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/dos-and-donts-for-taxpayers-who-get-a-letter-or-notice-from-the-irs